Keto Strawberry Smoothie with Almond Milk
An easy keto strawberry smoothie with a creamy, sweet, frothy texture perfect as a keto breakfast meal replacement or to fix your sweet tooth any time of the day. Bonus, this keto low-carb strawberry smoothie contains only 6 grams of net carbs with a dairy-free option!
Strawberry lovers, I have great news for you: Strawberry is on the approved keto fruit list!
Strawberry is not the lowest-carb berry, compared to raspberries, but still fine if eaten in moderation!
So if you just started your keto diet and miss strawberry ice cream, start with this strawberry smoothie!
It is much easier than ice cream to make, gluten-free, and with a dairy-free option!
And if you want some great keto strawberry baking recipes to pair with this smoothie, add one of my keto strawberry muffins or strawberry pop tarts on the side!
Is strawberry smoothie keto?
Unfortunately, not all strawberry smoothies are keto-approved. The ones sold in most cafes are made with many not keto-friendly foods like bananas, milk, or dates.
All these ingredients are high in carbs and sugar, and that’s why you have to make your own strawberry smoothie recipe on a keto diet.
Are you new to Keto?
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
How to make this keto strawberry smoothie?
The good news is that a keto smoothie is very easy to make at home. All you need to make a creamy, frothy smoothie with strawberries are:
- Frozen strawberries – frozen fruits create frothy creamy smoothies without bananas that are not keto approved!
- Unsweetened almond milk – or unsweetened coconut milk for a strawberry coconut keto smoothie.
- Heavy cream – or coconut cream for a dairy-free option. You can also make this keto strawberry smoothie with yogurt using plain yogurt like Greek yogurt. Finally, the last option is to make a keto strawberry smoothie with cream cheese. This option turns the drink into a similar taste and texture as a Starbucks strawberry and cream Frappuccino! Read more about dairy on a keto diet.
- Erythritol – or xylitol for sweetness. You can replace this with stevia drops too. Head to my keto sweetener converter to learn how!
- Vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
There are so many ways you can improve this keto smoothie recipe by adding or changing some of the original recipe ingredients.
For example, you can improve the creaminess of this keto smoothie with strawberry by adding:
- Ripe avocado – add 1/4 ripe avocado flesh for a super-thick shake. It will darken the color of your smoothie but tastes amazing.
- Cream cheese – dreaming about a strawberry cheesecake smoothie? Add 2 tablespoons of soft cream cheese to your blender, or swap the heavy cream with the same amount of cream cheese.
- Chia seeds – for a boost of protein and fiber, add 1 teaspoon to keep the net carbs in control.
- Protein powder – add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite keto protein powder.
How to serve my keto smoothie?
A smoothie, keto or not, is always tastier with lots of toppings. So feel free to add some of these keto-friendly toppings:
- Fresh strawberries – 2 or 3 slices of strawberry look so gorgeous on top of this strawberry and cream smoothie.
- Unsweetened whipped cream – it is a zero-carb topping, so be generous and add a large dollop of this on top of your smoothie.
- Sugar-free vanilla syrup – swap the pure vanilla extract for sugar-free vanilla syrup!
- Keto protein powder – add 1 tablespoon of vanilla collagen protein powder to turn this recipe into the most delicious keto strawberry protein smoothie.
A healthy strawberry smoothie
This is a healthy strawberry smoothie recipe, low-carb, with no added sugar, and full of healthy fats. Keto or not, this strawberry smoothie with almond milk will make everyone happy.
When should I drink keto strawberry smoothie?
This keto strawberry smoothie is great almond milk smoothie recipe for any time of the day as long as it fits your daily macros.
It’s a very fulfilling keto breakfast for busy mornings. It’s easy to make in 2 minutes in your blender for a quick on-the-go breakfast.
It’s also the perfect drink to break your fast or post-workout to refuel with healthy fat and proteins.
More keto smoothie recipes
Keto smoothies are great low-carb snacks to fix your sweet tooth and refresh. I have plenty of keto smoothie for you to try on the blog like:
Made this easy strawberry keto smoothie? Share your review and comment below to tell how you enjoy this low carb smoothie recipe
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
A thick keto strawberry shake perfect for breakfast or snack.
Optional – NOT included in nutrition panel, add 1 or 2 of these for a creamier smoothie
Dairy-free option: replace the heavy cream with canned coconut cream, shake the can and measure the amount of cream after.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Amount Per Serving (1 smoothie)
Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13.7g86%
Vitamin A 874.6IU17%
Vitamin C 41.7mg51%
Net Carbs 6.4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.