Keto Ranch Salad Dressing recipe with 0.5 grams net carbs
An easy Keto Ranch Salad Dressing with only 0.5 grams of net carbs per serving to add the most delicious, creamy garlic herbs flavors to your keto salad.
Bonus, this homemade healthy Keto Ranch Salad Dressing is also lightened up using yogurt and almond milk!
Is ranch salad dressing keto-friendly?
No, most store-bought ranch dressing recipes contain non-keto ingredients, including sugar, vegetable oil, and buttermilk.
An average store-bought ranch dressing contains 3.5 grams of net carbs per serving of 2 tablespoons.
These are unnecessary carbs from processed ingredients, including sugar, that won’t go in favor of your keto lifestyle.
Can you eat ranch salad dressing on a keto diet?
Yes, but not all brands! Some contain added sugar and added canola oils that are not keto-friendly.
Look for a dressing that only has clean ingredients and no added sugar, or make your own keto ranch salad dressing recipe at home.
Are you new to Keto?
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
Subscribe to my Keto Baking email series, receive 10 FREE Keto Baking Printables, and become a Keto Baking STAR!
How to make Keto Ranch Salad Dressing at home?
Great news, it takes only 10 minutes to make homemade keto ranch dressing at home. So let’s see how you can make this easy keto salad dressing.
Ingredients for keto ranch salad dressing
- Mayonnaise – not all mayonnaise brands are keto-friendly. Choose a mayonnaise without canola oils or without any vegetable oils. These are non-keto-friendly fats. Instead, use a mayonnaise made with avocado oil or olive oil. These are the best mayonnaise choice on your keto journey. Primal Kitchen has a great range of keto-friendly mayonnaise.
- Plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream dairy-free plain yogurt like coconut yogurt for a dairy-free option.
- Lemon juice
- Dried chives
- Dried dill
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Unsweetened almond milk for a dairy-free option or heavy cream for a thicker, creamier dressing.
- Black pepper
Stir and shake it
It’s very easy to make this ranch salad dressing. Simply bring all the ingredients into a glass mason jar.
Then, give it a quick stir with a fork.
Finally, close the lid and shake it like crazy!
I mean vigorously or until all the ingredients come together.
If the sauce is too thick to your liking, add up to 1/4 cup of extra heavy cream or almond milk.
How to use Keto Ranch Salad Dressing on a keto diet?
This keto salad dressing is delicious with:
- Keto chicken salads – try my keto avocado chicken bacon salad with this classic ranch dressing. You will love the combination of creamy sauce and grilled chicken.
- Keto chicken wings or keto nuggets.
- Crunchy vegetable – use this as a veggies dip any raw keto vegetables in your dressing like celery sticks, cucumber sticks, or radish.
How to store this salad dressing?
This keto ranch dressing stores for up to 1 week in the fridge or slightly more depending on your sour cream or Greek yogurt’s best-before date.
Always store the salad dressings in the fridge in a sealed glass mason jar and shake it before serving.
Can I freeze my salad dressing?
Yes, you can freeze this salad dressing. The best way to freeze your salad dressing is to pop it into an ice cube tray. This way, you can defrost only one serving at a time.
The salad dressing thaws fast at room temperature in a serving bowl or overnight in the fridge.
How to fix a too thick dressing?
Simply thin out your ranch dressing by adding more almond milk or heavy cream.
We all have different tastes when it comes to salad dressings, some people love it thick and creamy, and others love their dressing liquid and thin.
Adjust the amount of liquid to fit your palate.
Which salad goes well with ranch dressing?
Basically, any kind of greens is delicious served with a ranch dressing, including romaine lettuce, rocket, baby spinach leaves, raw broccoli, and more!
More keto recipes to eat with ranch dressing
Below I listed some of my favorite keto recipes to go with your homemade keto ranch dressing recipe.
Have you made this homemade low-carb ranch dressing recipe? Share a comment or review below. I love to hear your feedback on my recipes,
Keto Ranch Salad Dressing
An easy keto ranch salad dressing to add on top of any of your favorite salad.
Join my Keto Quick Start Guide now to get all the best keto tips for beginners, straight to your inbox!
- Before you start, choose from either the light version, using Greek yogurt and almond milk, or the thicker, creamier option using sour cream and heavy cream.
- Bring all the ingredients into a glass mason jar, close the lid and shake vigorously until all the ingredients come together.
Nutrition panel is for the Greek yogurt and almond milk version
Keto Ranch Salad Dressing
Amount Per Serving (2 tablespoons)
Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.9g6%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Vitamin A 429.3IU9%
Vitamin B12 0.1µg2%
Vitamin C 4.3mg5%
Vitamin D 0.1µg1%
Net Carbs 0.5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.